TIBF's top publishers picked up
13 May 2012 11:16
The 25th Tehran International Book Fair wrapped up yesterday during a ceremony held at Tehran's Grand Imam Khomeini Prayer Ground in which the book fair's top publishers were selected.
IBNA: During the ceremony the top publishers of 1390 were chosen by the juries;
A) Publishers of adult's books
1. Tehran's private sector: No publishers were selected as the best however Nashr-e Ney and Hermes were picked up as praiseworthy publishers for their high numbers of first prints, variety of their works, book's quality and observing publication's technical basics.
2. Province's private sector: The press of Dar Al-hadith cultural institute was selected as the best 1390 publisher since it paid attention to the religious culture, considered the government's strategic policies in the cultural field, its book's variety, first prints, the reader's needs, promoting the culture of reading, its book's quality as well as working on Iran and Islam's scholars.
3. State-run section: The Sureh-Mehr Publishing Institute was selected as the best since it paid special heed to the precious works of resistance literature, Islamic Revolution's values, Sacred Defense, the government's strategic policies in the cultural field, paying special attention to Iran and Islam's scholars, its book's quality as well as the number of its first prints and the reader's needs.
Moreover the juries selected SAMT and Boustan Ketab publications as praiseworthy publishers.
B) Children and adolescents' publishers
1. Tehran's private sector: Mehrab-e Qalam publishing institute was selected as a praiseworthy publisher for considering the religious, regional and national culture as well as releasing reference books.
2. Province's private sector: Oruj-e Andishe publishing institute was chosen as a praiseworthy publisher for considering the religious, regional and national culture as well as its number of first prints.
3. State-run section: The Madrese Borhan Cultural Institute and Astan-e Qods Razavi Publications were jointly selected as the best publishers.
Top international publishers of the 25th Tehran International Book Fair
1. World Market, Iran's foreign books- The Institute for Compiling and Publishing Imam Khomeini's Works
2. World Market, Iran's Arabic books- Foundation of Islamic Encyclopedia
3. Iran's E-book publisher's section: Institute of Noor Islamic science computer services
4. Countries: Union of Afghanistan's publishers
5. Foreign currency section: John Wiley publishing institute
6. Foreign book's section- Danesh Katibeh
7. Arabic book's section: Avand Danesh publications
1. Private section: "Hekmat" and "Osra" publications were chosen as the best pavilions
2. Private section, academic publishers: Stall of Jame'e negar publications was chosen as the best
3. Private section, children and adolescent's publishers: Stalls of "Eve", "Jamal" and "Hadith Neynava" were chosen as the best
4. Private section, publishers of educational books: Stall of Takhte Siah publications was chosen as the best
5. Sate-run publishers: Press of Islamic Research Institute for Culture and Thought was chosen as the best
Amir-kabir publication was chosen as a praiseworthy publisher.
Active Newspapers at the 25th Tehran International Book Fair:
1. Fars News Agency