|Internal Report Teens|
Iranian illustrator bags Sharjah Illustration Award
Noted Iranian illustrator Alireza Goldouzian has been selected at the Sharjah Children's Reading Festival. The event, which was attended by Iran's Shabaviz Publishing Company, hosted 28 Iranian illustrators.
IBNA: According to the public relations department of Shabaviz publications, the 4th Sharjah Children's Reading Festival (SCRF) kicked off on April 23rd and Iran's Shabaviz Publishing Company was its guest of honor.
The Sharjah Children Books’ Illustrators Exhibition is a new category launched in this SCRF’s edition which accommodated 28 Iranian illustrators as well as other Arab and International artists.
Alireza Goldouzian, a distinguished Iranian illustrator, won the third prize of the illustration section (to receive USD 4000).
The first prize was grabbed by Mexican illustrator Gabriel Pacheco (to receive USD 8000) while Spanish artist David Pintor was a runner up (to receive USD 6000).
The winners will be awarded today, April 29, during the festival's closing ceremony.
Goldouzian was born in 1976 in Tehran. He holds an MA in graphics. He has won several international awards as Japan's Baij (2002) and Belgrade Golden Pen (2003).
His "A Dark Night" won 2004 Bologna Children Award and "The Holed Sock' and "The Black Pen and Red Pen” grabbed BIB Grand Prix at the Biennale of Illustrations of Bratislava in 2005.
The festival was attended by 28 other Iranian illustrators including;
1. Mehdi Ahmadi, for illustrating Inscription on the wall written by Farideh Khalatbaree
2. Bahar Akhavan, for illustrating Repentance written by Farideh Khalatbaree
3. Atyeh Bozorg Sohrabi, for illustrating Pussy cat and pussy mouse written by Farideh Khalatbaree
4. Ghazaleh Bigdeloo, for illustrating The thousandth wedding written by Parisa Shahandeh
5. Nazli Tahvily, for illustrating The boy who knew how to count written by Hoda Haddadi
6. Hoda Haddadi, for illustrating The cherries in paradise are ripe written by Hadis Lazar Gholami
7. Sahar Khorasani, for illustrating Blossoms written by Narges Afrooz
8. Sharareh Khosravani, for illustrating The wrong bus written by
9. Rashin Kheirieh, for illustrating The tongue of Pahlavan Salar by Majid Shafiee
10. Mahshid Raghemi, for illustrating Hoopoe by Farideh Khalatbaree
11. Morteza Zahedi, for illustrating The trip of a butterfly by Marjan Keshavarzi Azad
12. Zahra Sarmashghi, for illustrating Greedy king by Fatima Sarmashghi
13. Nastaran Saeedi, for illustrating Towering boy by Ali Naseri
14. Amir Shaabanipour, for illustrating The guard of sun by Laleh Jaafari
15. Farshid Shafiee, for illustrating The old lyrist by Farideh Khalatbaree
16. Masoumeh Sohbati, for illustrating "Hibernal Fiancé" penned by Hadis azar Gholami
17. Neda Azimi, for illustrating My daddy's tattoos by Ali Naseri
18. Elham Kazemi, for illustrating The boy with curly hair by Mozhgan Moshtagh
19. Azadeh Madani, for illustrating Mrs. Cat and her kittens by Farhad Fozooni
20. Saba Maasoumian, for illustrating Wolves and humans by Farideh Khalatbaree
21. Ali Mafakheri, for illustrating It's bed time by Farideh Khalatbaree
22. Amir Maftoon, for illustrating The Owl and the Morning by Fatemeh Mashhadi Rostam
23. Popak Moghbeli, for illustrating One thousand years waiting by Sosan Taghdis
24. Ali Namvar, for illustrating Vicious circle by Farideh Khalatbaree
25. Afra Nobahar, for illustrating Top Top Top penned by Fatemeh Mashhadi Rostam
26. Marjan Vafaeian, for illustrating The sound of little green goats' footsteps by Susan Taghdis
27. Zhila Hodaee, for illustrating Noon time by Mahdokht Kashkouli
28. Reza Yousefzadeh, for illustrating Two demons by Mohammad Hasan Hoseini
Moreover the exhibition's catalogue holds works of figures including Negin Ehtesabian, Ali Eftekhari nasab, Tazhibi, Shabnam Chichian, Sanaz Shafaghi and Atefeh Shafei rad.
SCRF also includes a series of art and heritage workshops, as well as theatrical plays, reading sessions, popular games, circus performances, clown shows and many other activities performed by guests from the GCC region, Arab world and Europe. In addition, the cookery corner will be hosting famous chefs specialized in Children’s Cuisine and for the first time this year SCRF is organizing awards for Children’s books.
Id : 135714