The 3rd Parvin Etesami Literary festival
3 Mar 2009 - 17:06
The 3rd Parvin Etesami Literary festival concluded with 16 winners and 2 praised authors in Tehran's Vahdat Hall.
IBNA: Named after the acclaimed poetess, Parvin Etesami, the award is given to encourage poetesses, propagate Persian language over Iran's borders and establish communion among different nations speaking Persian, Islamic nations in particular.
On the whole, more than 4700 works were rendered to the festival's secretariat in the first phase.
In the second phase of assessments, 278 pieces were considered, and in the final round, 18 pieces were judged.
Ali Moalem, Razie To'jar, Nadia Maftouni, Sepide Khalili and Shahryar Zar-shenas were the members of the scientific board of the festival.
In the closing ceremony of the festival, Cultural deputy of the Ministry of Guidance Dr. Parviz delivered a speech and stressed the fact that Parvin Award is not meant to segregate women from men.
Instead, it is aimed at preparing the grounds for poetesses to display their capabilities more easily.
• Mojgan Sheikhi: 365 child tales; tales for every night in a year
• Soheila Alavi-zade: Khanoum Koochik (the tiny lady)
• Shokooh Ghasem-nia: Kafsh haye Poolaki (Filigree shoes)
• Afsane Shaban-nejad: Ay zangule Ay zangule (Bell! Bell!)
• Atousa Salehi: Delam Baraye to tang shode (I miss you!)
• Kobra Babaei: Setareat Gom shode (Your star is missing!)
• Mary Sablin Roje: Towards life, translated by Niloufar Bagherzade Akbari
• Sharon Creech: Walk with others' shoes, translated by Keyvan Abidi Kashani
• Giti Gorgani: Fasle Akhar (The last season)
• Farzane Taheri: Mardi Baraye tamame Fosoul (A man for all seasons, by Robert Bolt)
• Maryam Jafari Azarmani: Piano (classical poem)
• Mehrnoosh Ghorban Ali: Be vaghte Alborz [new theme poem] (Time in Alborz)
• Fariba Gorgin: Current Iranian Poetry (translation)
• Parvin Salajghe
• Fateme Tahaeii
• Hakime Dabiran
• Fateme Alaghe
• Mansoure Tadini
Also in the festival, Neda Hasoon (Syrian author) and the late Fateme Safarzade (veteran poetess) were honored.
Story Code: 35361
News Link: http://www.ibna.ir/en/doc/report/35361/awards-granted