Nominees of Book of the Year Award announced
Publish Date : Monday 30 January 2012 - 16:18
The shortlist of the 29th Book of the Year Award in sections including translation and edition have been introduced; the list holds 4 books in other languages, 4 ancient texts and a book in the Arabic literature section.
During the days which are approaching to the Book of the Year Award, the juries have announced 9 books in the sections of other languages, ancient texts and Arabic literature.
Books of other languages:
1. "Humboldt's Gift" by Saul Bellow, translated by Soheil Sommi
2. "The Plague" by Albert Camus, translated by Parviz Shahdi
3. "Maléfices" by Boileau-Narcejac, translated by Abbas Agahi
4. "Maigret hésite" by Georges Simenon, translated by Abbas Agahi
Books of ancient texts:
1. One thousand tales of Sufis by Hamed Khatami-pour
2. Kashef Al-asrar and Matla Al-anvar by Hassan Zarifi Chalabi, translated by Alireza Ghoje-zadeh
3. Arafat Al-ashagin and Arasat Al-arefin by Ohadi Husseini and Daghaghi Belyani, translated by Zabihullah Sahebkari
4. Anthology of Am`aq Bokharaei by Ali-reza shabanloo
In the section of Arabic literature a poem by Mahmoud Darwish translated into Persian by Mousa Asvar was selected.
The closing ceremony of the Book of the Year Award will be held next Tuesday in Vahdat hall.