In a session held by Persian Academy

Kamran Fani explains the importance of encyclopedia

8 Apr 2011 - 17:05

A session was held on the Role of encyclopedias and the method of using the Persian Academy's ratified terms in Danesh-gostar encyclopedia in which Kamran Fani delivered speeches.


IBNA: The session was held by the director of Persian Academy, Gholam-ali Hadad Adel, the manager of adapted literature group, Abul-hassan Najafi, the manger of contemporary literature group, Ahmad Samiee, the manger of lexicography group, Ali Ashraf Sadeghi and the permanent members of Persian Academy Fatullah Mojtabaee and Badr-Al-zaman Qarib.

Delivering a speech, Kamran Fani talked about the importance of encyclopedias and the role of reference books in particular encyclopedias.

Moreover he talked about "What is an encyclopedia and its traits" and the general and specialized ones.

Then he talked about Persian lexicography and evaluated significant Persian encyclopedias.

Explaining about Danesh-gostar encyclopedia he said:" The work holds some 60,000 articles of which 40% is related to Iran and Islam and the other 60% is related to other regions and cultures.

The session was held on Monday, April 18 in the Persian Academy.




Story Code: 102320

News Link: http://www.ibna.ir/en/doc/naghli/102320/kamran-fani-explains-the-importance-of-encyclopedia

IBNA
  http://www.ibna.ir